The Nude Lip Lineup

The Nude Lip Lineup | Shakespeare & Sparkle

A few years back I was a bright lip kind of girl through and through, but lately I’ve found myself gravitating more towards nude lips. Don’t get me wrong, I still love my classic reds and poppy pinks, but there’s just something so easy about slapping on a nude lip that you know won’t stain absolutely everything you touch. I’ve recently added a couple more nude lipsticks to my collection in the form of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, so I thought I’d give you a mini review on them and share some of my old favourites too while we’re at it.

THE NUDE LIP LINEUP

The Nude Lip Lineup | Shakespeare & Sparkle

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream |Stockholm & Zurich

Ever since NYX launched here last month, I’ve been trying to get my hands on these matte lippies. But they’ve been constantly sold out. After stalking the shelves for a good few weeks I finally managed to get my hands on the two shades I wanted; Stockholm and Zurich. (Both were the last tubes on the shelves!). Stockholm is a lighter peachy nude and Zurich is more of a dark mauve, but they’re both perfect for that pretty nude lip.

At first I was a bit disappointed in the formula and didn’t really feel like they were worth the hype. They apply really creamy and like all NYX lippies they smell absolutely yummy. But I found them very drying and after a few hours they’d start to crack on my lips. But after wearing them more I’ve actually started to love them, so I’ve pinned it down to my inexperience with liquid lipsticks. They’re really matte and you’ll still need a generous amount of lip balm, but they stay put for hours and the shades are gorgeous!

The Nude Lip Lineup | Shakespeare & Sparkle

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine | Boy

This Chanel lipstick is currently my one true nude lip love. (That you’ve probably noticed since I can’t shut up about it!). First of all, the packaging is so beautiful that I want to give out a little happy scream every time I look at it. And the lipstick on the inside is just as good. It’s so soft and creamy that you feel like you’re wearing nothing on your lips. And the shade Boy is a warm brown toned pink that’s so easy to wear you don’t even need a mirror.

The Nude Lip Lineup | Shakespeare & Sparkle

MAC | Mehr

You can’t really do a nude lip lineup without including a couple of MAC lippies, can you? Up until a few months ago my favourite MAC nude lip would’ve definitely been Patisserie. But it’s since been taken over by Mehr. I love the MAC matte formula since I find it to be really creamy and comfortable, and Mehr is the perfect mauvy my lips but better shade.

MAC | Shy Girl

Shy Girl was one of my first MAC lipsticks, and also my first (and only) actual nude. I’m not usually one to go for something that’s a lighter than my own lip colour. Since my lips are naturally almost colorless and true nudes can easily wash me out. But Shy Girl is a beautiful sheeny peach with just enough colour to it. And the cream sheen formula feels really creamy on the lips.

What’s your favourite nude lip?

signature

CHECK OUT: My Lips But Better & Nude Beauty Staples.

(Visited 16 times, 1 visits today)

20 Comments

1. Ambar 16 June, 2016 at 13:43

Lovely shades in the photographs but I have a feeling these would be too pale on me! I quite like Velvet Teddy from Mac and 1995 from Gerard Cosmetics as a brown toned nude option 🙂
    Ambar | Her Little Loves

1. Jenni 16 June, 2016 at 22:09

I love Velvet Teddy too! You should give Mehr a chance since it’s a darker nude it might suit you 🙂 xx

2. Saara 16 June, 2016 at 14:22

Moi!

Tosi kiva postaus, itsekkin rakastan nudepunia! Olisi ollut kiva nähdä sävyt myös huulilla, välillä ne kun näyttävät ihan erilaiselta pakkauksessa, kuin huulissa. 🙂

1. Jenni 16 June, 2016 at 22:10

Kiitos Saara! Otin sävyistä kuvat myös huulilla mutta valitettavasti ne ei onnistuneet ja värit näyttivät ihan vääriltä 😀 xx

1. Jenni 16 June, 2016 at 22:11

They are such lovely shades! xx

1. Jenni 16 June, 2016 at 22:13

Definitely check them out, I feel like NYX does nude lippies so well! xx

3. Elena 16 June, 2016 at 22:41

oh all of them look lovely. mehr has been on my wish list for ages. its such a pretty colour.

1. Jenni 16 June, 2016 at 23:06

You simply must get it, it’s so pretty! xx

4. Julia 17 June, 2016 at 00:07

You are so right about nude lipsticks – there are so easy to put on, no need to spend ages trying to apply it carefully like we’d do with a red. Shy Girl does look like the perfect colour for your complexion, whereas it wouldn’t work with my darker skin – I like pinky nudes more than peach or beige shades. My favourite nude is Fast Play by MAC, it’s more on the pink side, but it almost has a mauve/brown undertone to it, which is totally on trend at the moment, or so it seems! 😉

Julia x
    Last post: A Vikings Makeup Tutorial | https://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.fr/2016/06/lagertha-vikings-makeup-hair-tutorial.html

1. Jenni 17 June, 2016 at 12:41

I prefer pinky nudes too, and Shy Girl is really one of the few peachy/beige shades that I own. I hadn’t heard about Fast Play but from your description it sounds like totally my cup of tea! Thanks for making my MAC wishlist even longer! 😉 xx

5. Anika May 17 June, 2016 at 18:20

I totally need to try out NYX’s lip line, I’ve heard good things! Great post.

Anika | anikamay.co.uk

1. Jenni 17 June, 2016 at 18:26

I’ve just started to explore it myself and it’s definitely worth trying! xx

1. Jenni 17 June, 2016 at 21:16

Thank you so much Andrea! I’m honored to be included! xx

1. Jenni 19 June, 2016 at 21:05

I’ve got to admit that Zurich is also my favourite of the too, but Stockholm is gorgeous too! xx

1. Jenni 22 June, 2016 at 19:34