Valentine’s Day is one of my favourite times for the year not only because you get to be all loved up, but because all the shops are stocked to the brim with lovely loungewear and lingerie. I’ve said it a few times before, but I used to massively undervalue having beautiful underwear. Instead I tended to opt for ratty tees and cheap, ill-fitting bras. But, since investing in lovely lingerie was one of my tips on how to be a French girl, I figured I should take my own advice. Maybe it comes with growing up, or just with starting to appreciate the little things in life, but lately I’ve started to accumulate a little collection of lingerie essentials, that I though I’d share with you as well.
THE LINGERIE ESSENTIALS EDIT
- The Perfume | I know this isn’t actually lingerie, but perfume is undoubtedly an essential. And I feel naked without it. I’m one of those people who has to spritz perfume on straight after shower, even if I’m just going to sleep. Right now I’m lusting after the new Chanel.
- The Balconette | Ever since buying my first (and so far only) fancy French bra, that happened to be a balconette, it’s been my favourite style of lingerie.
- The Robe | Nothing makes me feel more like a lady than doing my makeup in a silky robe.
- The Romper | If I’m not lounging away in my sleepshirt, I love dressing up for sleep in a romper. Or a set of matching shorts and a top. I’m especially partial to anything black & lacy.
- The Panties | Preferably, ones that match your bra.
- The Strapless Bra | Whether to be worn with little silky camisoles or open-back dresses, a sweet little strapless bra is a must.
- The Sleepshirt | If you’re someone like me and find sleeping in ratty old tees a lot more comfortable than pyjamas. Then I’d recommend giving the sleepshirt a chance. It’s a much more sophisticated and grownup way to basically go pantless, and one of my most favourite recent purchases.
What are your lingerie essentials?